Dr. Manolette Roque, owner and manager of ROQUE Eye Clinic, maintains the website, Eye.com.ph ("ROQUE Eye Clinic"). By entering ROQUE Eye Clinic you acknowledge and agree to all terms and conditions stated herein. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use ROQUE Eye Clinic.
By entering ROQUE Eye Clinic you acknowledge and agree that ROQUE Eye Clinic is intended for viewing within the Philippines only and will only be construed and evaluated according to the Philippines law. If you use ROQUE Eye Clinic from other locations you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable local laws. ROQUE Eye Clinic makes no representations that the materials contained within this site are appropriate for locations outside the Philippines. With regard to any and all information contained herein, including but not limited to information regarding products and services, such information applies only to those goods or services provided or offered within the Philippines.
The information and reference materials contained at ROQUE Eye Clinic are intended solely for the information of the reader. Medicine is a constantly changing science and not all therapies are clearly established. New research changes drug and treatment therapies daily. The authors, editors, and publisher of ROQUE Eye Clinic have used their best efforts to provide information that is up-to-date and accurate and is generally accepted within medical standards at the time of publication. However, as medical science is constantly changing and human error is always possible, the authors, editors, and publisher or any other party involved with the publication of ROQUE Eye Clinic do not warrant the information in ROQUE Eye Clinic is accurate or complete, nor are they responsible for omissions or errors in ROQUE Eye Clinic or for the results of using this information.
The reader should confirm the information in ROQUE Eye Clinic from other sources prior to use. In particular, all drug doses, indications, and contraindications should be confirmed in the package insert. Although the medical information contained herein is written and/or reviewed by medically trained and qualified health professionals, the content is not to be used for diagnosis or treatment purposes, but rather for discussion with the patient's physician. All visitors to this and associated sites of ROQUE Eye Clinic relieve the owners and/or operators of any liability and/or damages as a result of the use of this website and agree to read and abide by the complete terms of the legal agreement found at "Terms and Conditions of Use."
You understand and agree that ROQUE Eye Clinic does Not Provide Medical Advice or Endorsements. FOR SYMPTOMS, QUESTIONS AND MEDICAL ADVICE SEE YOUR EYE M.D.!
- ROQUE Eye Clinic Does Not Provide Medical Advice. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on ROQUE Eye Clinic is the opinion or information of its author, not ROQUE Eye Clinic. ROQUE Eye Clinic is not a substitute for medical advice. Always contact your own eye doctor or other professional healthcare provider if you have a question concerning your or your family's health. RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON ROQUE EYE CLINIC IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ROQUE EYE CLINIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS, DRUG AND DEVICE APPLICATION OR OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH ROQUE EYE CLINIC.
- Products or Services of Others are not recommended nor endorsed by ROQUE Eye Clinic. ROQUE Eye Clinic does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, drugs, devices, products, services, physicians, or medical institutions that may be mentioned or referenced on ROQUE Eye Clinic. Any advertisers who purchase banners or otherwise support ROQUE Eye Clinic have no influence on the editorial content or presentation and any such advertisements are not implied or express endorsements of any product, service, or company.
Summaries of peer reviewed journal abstracts are taken from Pubmed.gov and appropriate links are presented. Where appropriate, information contained on ROQUE Eye Clinic are supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, have specific HTML links to that data. The date when a clinical page was last modified are clearly displayed. Any claims relating to the benefits/performance of a specific treatment, commercial product or service are supported by appropriate, balanced evidence in the manner outlined above.
Since the beginning, ROQUE Eye Clinic has been taking care of tourists and foreigners, naturally making us one of the leading choices of medical tourists seeking eye care and services in the country today. A little planning and common-sense precautions can minimize the risks and maximize the benefits of availing of eye treatment in Manila. Anyone contemplating on having eye treatment in Manila should:
- Understand that no diagnosis can be made by phone or email. Actual clinical examination is required.
- Our physicians are not obliged to perform any surgery on any individual if we feel that the procedure is not warranted, inappropriate, or risky. Moreover, services may be denied if the patient has unrealistic expectations, has insufficient days of stay for recovery, and has no clear longitudinal follow up planned in their home country.
- Make sure the facility is accredited by JCI or an equivalent standard-setting organization in the Philippines. Our doctors are individually accredited with and hold private practice in doctor's clinics inside two (2) JCI accredited institutions, namely, St. Luke's Medical Center Global City in Taguig City and Asian Hospital and Medical Center in Muntinlupa City.
- Check the credentials of the physicians; many doctors in the Philippines have been trained in the United States, Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Our eye specialists have been trained in the United States (Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts); and Australia (Children's Hospital at Westmead, University of Sydney; Sydney).
- Patients have to see their own doctor before applying for a medical treatment in Manila.
- Find a good intermediary to help choose the right facility in the Philippines. Some hospitals in the Philippines have lower eye morbidity rates than those in so-called developed nations. We are partners with the top intermediaries and consolidators in the Philippines. We only practice in world-renowned institutions (see #1). By providing a single high standard of care to all our patients, we are able to improve our results compared to the national average.
- Compare outcomes with other institutions, regardless of where you go. We are able to maintain excellent outcomes by the personalized care that we provide to each individual. It is by choice that we have avoided catering to the volumes of factory-line-like eye centers.
- Make certain that follow-up care is continuous upon return to one's home country after availing of eye care and services in the Philippines. Our eye specialists are members of international eye societies and academies and have an extensive network of professional relationships in numerous "developed countries." All avenues for communication are available, including secure online support forums, email, chat, VOIP, mobile, fax, landline, and postal mail.
- All fees that could result from follow up in a patient's home country are shouldered by the patient. Fees associated with potential complications which may occur directly or indirectly from the eye care and services availed of in Manila, are for the account of the patient.
Any medical or health advice provided and hosted on ROQUE Eye Clinic will only be given by medically trained and qualified health professionals, namely, medical doctors, unless a clear statement is made that a piece of advice offered is from a non-medically qualified individual or organization.
List of acronyms relating to degrees or affiliations of our editorial board:
- M.D. - Doctor of Medicine
- M.B.A. - Master of Business Administration
- D.P.B.O - Diplomate, Philippine Board of Ophthalmology
- F.P.A.O. - Fellow, Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology
- F.P.C.S. - Fellow, Philippine College of Surgeons
All pages within ROQUE Eye Clinic, including but not limited to the text, images, audio or video contained herein, are the property of ROQUE Eye Clinic and may not be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without express written permission of ROQUE Eye Clinic, except as provided for herein. Unless indicated otherwise, all images and information on Eye Site was originally written by the authors of ROQUE Eye Clinic, and are protected by both The Philippines and international copyright laws.
- Without in any way waving any of the foregoing rights, you may download one copy of the material on ROQUE Eye Clinic for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
- Users may use any of the photographic images or information found on ROQUE Eye Clinic on personal web sites, free of charge. (The term "photograph" does not include illustrations or artwork). However, users may NOT redistribute, sell, or repost for download any of the images found on ROQUE Eye Clinic on any medium (DVD, CD-Rom, website, video, brochures, etc.) without the expressed written permission of ROQUE Eye Clinic webmaster. The rights to these images belong to the photographer, and usage terms of these images will be consulted with the photographer himself.
- Users agree not to remove the watermark, if present.
- Users agree not to hold ROQUE Eye Clinic liable for any damages resulting from proper or improper use of any information or images found on ROQUE Eye Clinic.
- Modification or use of the material on ROQUE Eye Clinic for any other purpose violates ROQUE Eye Clinic legal rights. To report any alleged copyright or trademark infringements in connection with ROQUE Eye Clinic, please notify Dr. Manolette R. Roque at copyright@RoqueEyeClinic.com or +639178172020.
A link to ROQUE Eye Clinic will be very much appreciated, although not required.
By using any of the information and or images on ROQUE Eye Clinic, you understand that you have read and agreed to the above usage terms. These terms will be strictly enforced, and violators will face criminal charges.
Unless indicated otherwise, all ophthalmic illustrations and artwork contained in ROQUE Eye Clinic was created by and is the property Eye.com.ph, RoqueEyeClinic.com, and Dr. Manolette Roque.
ROQUE Eye Clinic are trademarks of Dr. Manolette Roque. All other trademarks and/or service marks used in ROQUE Eye Clinic are the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective third party owner(s). Nothing contained on ROQUE Eye Clinic should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark and/or service mark displayed on ROQUE Eye Clinic without the written permission of ROQUE Eye Clinic or such third party owner(s). You acknowledge that ROQUE Eye Clinic will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including, without limitation, the seeking of criminal prosecution.
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
In order to contract with ROQUE Eye Clinic you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. ROQUE Eye Clinic retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted, we will inform you by email and we will confirm the identity of the party which you have contracted with. This will usually be ROQUE Eye Clinic or may in some cases be a third party.
Where a contract is made with a third party ROQUE Eye Clinic is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party and will be subject to the terms of sale which they supply you.
When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorized user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
(a) Our Contract
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us will not be formed until we send you confirmation by e-mail that the goods which you ordered have been dispatched to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed.
(b) Pricing and Availability
While we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. We will treat the order as cancelled, if we are unable to contact you. You will receive a full refund, If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods.
Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the 'Total Cost'.
Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard authorization check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfill the transaction. Your card will be debited upon authorization being received. The monies received upon the debiting of your card shall be treated as a deposit against the value of the goods you wish to purchase. Once the goods have been despatched and you have been sent a confirmation email the monies paid as a deposit shall be used as consideration for the value of goods you have purchased as listed in the confirmation email.
ROQUE Eye Clinic including any content and information contained within it, any site-related service, and any product or service purchased or made available through ROQUE Eye Clinic, is provided "as is" without representations and warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement.
With respect to any third party products or services described or made available in connection with ROQUE Eye Clinic, you acknowledge that any warranty that is provided in connection with such third party products or services is provided solely by the third party provider of such products or services, and not by ROQUE Eye Clinic, its owners, sponsors, site developers or agents. You also acknowledge that your access to and/or use of ROQUE Eye Clinic and/or related products or services may not be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of ROQUE Eye Clinic, any other site accessible through ROQUE Eye Clinic, and any site-related products or services. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with ROQUE Eye Clinic, site-related products or services, and/or content or information contained within ROQUE Eye Clinic is to stop using ROQUE Eye Clinic and/or those products or services.
ROQUE Eye Clinic, its owners, sponsors, site developers, agents, third party suppliers and licensors are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to ROQUE Eye Clinic, site-related products, services and/or content or information contained within ROQUE Eye Clinic or linked to or from the ROQUE Eye Clinic.
The information contained in ROQUE Eye Clinic is intended as an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatment. It is not a substitute for a medical exam, nor does it replace the need for services provided by medical professionals or independent determinations. Individual doctors must make their own independent determinations prior to authorizing a course of treatment or prescribing any drugs. The use of ROQUE Eye Clinic shall in no way create a doctor-patient relationship between the owners of ROQUE Eye Clinic and the viewers. A person's individual doctor must determine what is safe and effective for each individual person or patient. ROQUE Eye Clinic does not assume any responsibility or risk for the use of any information contained within ROQUE Eye Clinic
A possibility exists that ROQUE Eye Clinic could include inaccuracies or errors and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to ROQUE Eye Clinic by third parties. Although ROQUE Eye Clinic attempts to ensure the integrity of ROQUE Eye Clinic, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the completeness, correctness or accuracy of ROQUE Eye Clinic. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please inform ROQUE Eye Clinic so that it can be corrected.
In some instances, the content available through ROQUE EYE CLINIC represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider or ROQUE EYE CLINIC user, or other user not under contract with ROQUE EYE CLINIC. ROQUE EYE CLINIC neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on ROQUE EYE CLINIC by anyone other than authorized ROQUE EYE CLINIC employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
Under no circumstances will ROQUE EYE CLINIC be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through ROQUE EYE CLINIC. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through ROQUE EYE CLINIC. You acknowledge that ROQUE EYE CLINIC is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third-parties, and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
It is hereby agreed that a user shall indemnify and hold ROQUE EYE CLINIC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party arising from the use of ROQUE EYE CLINIC or due to or arising out of any material submitted, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available through the website.
You acknowledge and agree that, by submitting any text, images, data, or other materials ("Content") to ROQUE EYE CLINIC, you grant to ROQUE EYE CLINIC a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to link to, use, reproduce, transmit, modify, adapt, publish, display, distribute, translate, and sublicense such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material.
Further, by submitting Content to ROQUE EYE CLINIC, you acknowledge that you have the authority to grant such rights to ROQUE EYE CLINIC.
By entering ROQUE EYE CLINIC you acknowledge and agree that any communication or material you transmit to ROQUE EYE CLINIC, in any manner and for any reason, will not be treated as confidential or proprietary.
The foregoing provisions regarding Content are for the benefit of ROQUE EYE CLINIC, its subsidiaries, and its third party content providers and licensors, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly or on its own behalf.
We do not display paid banner advertising.
All the links and banners placed on ROQUE EYE CLINIC are either online partners or links deemed worthy of placement by ROQUE EYE CLINIC. They are not a source of income. If you wish to link up with ROQUE EYE CLINIC, please submit your request to webmaster@RoqueEyeClinic.com. Kindly provide your site address. After the review process is completed, we will get back to you.
Any non-paying banner or ‘friendly’ link will be distinguished from editorial content by a label such as “banner” or “friendly banner”. These banners are not advertisements but have been provided for further reference or other purposes, and are not endorsed by ROQUE EYE CLINIC.
ROQUE EYE CLINIC, may contain links to other Web sites operated by third parties ("Useful Eye Sites"). You acknowledge that ROQUE EYE CLINIC does not endorse the Useful Eye Sites and is not responsible for any content that appears on the Useful Eye Sites. You also acknowledge that the respective owners of the Useful Eye Sites neither endorse nor are affiliated with ROQUE EYE CLINIC.
This website was established in 2003 by Dr. Manolette Roque, a graduate of the University of the Philippines College of Medicine, certified by the Board of Medicine, residency trained in Ophthalmology at the Philippine General Hospital Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, certified by the Philippine Board of Ophthalmology, and fellowship trained at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School in Boston. All of the cost associated with maintaining Eye Site is funded by the Dr. Manolette Roque, and there is no commercial support.
Any comments or materials sent to ROQUE EYE CLINIC, including but not limited to feedback data, comments and suggestions ("Feedback"), shall be deemed to be non-confidential. ROQUE EYE CLINIC shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation. Further, ROQUE EYE CLINIC shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such Feedback.
ROQUE EYE CLINIC shall have the right at any time to:
(a) change the terms of this Agreement,
(b) change ROQUE EYE CLINIC including eliminating or discontinuing any content or feature of ROQUE EYE CLINIC, restricting the hours of availability, or limiting the amount of use permitted, or
(c) add or change any fees or charges for use of ROQUE EYE CLINIC, including instituting new or increased fees or charges for the use of ROQUE EYE CLINIC or any other ROQUE EYE CLINIC related services or any feature thereof.
Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on ROQUE EYE CLINIC, or by electronic mail, or by conventional mail. Your use of ROQUE EYE CLINIC after such notice shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions. You are expected to review this Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
It takes less than 5 minutes to complete your online booking. Alternatively, you may call our BGC Clinic, or our Alabang Clinic for assistance.